Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Adventures of Alex and Jenny: Excision


"...wild for the night..."
I cant even recall the last show i went to at The Tabernacle, that's how long it had been.
Unacceptable! ;)
Jenny had been talking about this show she had been to in Orlando last year and how crazy and fun it had been...so when i saw the ad in the Loaf for the same upcoming show here in Atlanta well....i took it as a sign!
I have mentioned before I am not the biggest dub-step fan for the most part, its just not my cup of tea. I love techno, or electronic music- whatever you want to call it....but dubstep  is a hit or miss thing for me. Mostly miss. lol
But, I was like whatever,  I am totally down. Regardless i knew we would have a good time.
I have been to my share of very loud shows....but Excision by far took the cake. The bass literally makes your insides jiggle, your bones quiver just a little.
The first beat he threw down was mixed with Rage against the Machine. (!?!!!!)
From that moment- i was sold.
I looked around to see if anyone else was having the same moment of recognition/Hell Yes moment, and i realized that most of the people around me were more than likely in college.
Rage Against the Machine who? was the look i got from Jenny. lol Yeah, its cool she yelled back to me. I just smiled.
There were a few other older/young at heart souls mixed in with all the kids. Everyone was feeling good and loving life. i just took in the energy around me, closed my eyes and let go!
We spent the next few hours dancing and jumping our asses off, breaking the heel on my boot in the process...(this was within the first hour actually...eek!)... The laces were wrapped around my ankle and tied tight, and during my struggle to take them off in the middle of the madness... we met a small group of young chickies who were awesome. The one, seen in our collage of pics below, came to my rescue. After watching me struggle to get them off and asking me what was wrong- She said- hold on to your sister! Proceed to disappear down in the sea of legs below us...untied and removed my trashed boots in like 20 seconds. Lifesaver! i managed to make it the rest of the night without getting my little toes broken by the stomping feet around me. Thank goodness i wore socks! hahaha
my funky punky little boots...we had some fun times together...
RIP 2007-2013
Right at around 1 am, Jenny turned and looked at me like...you ready? Me- yeah... you can really only drop the bass so many times before your brain turns to jello. 
We left, in a daze... ears ringing...sweaty....smiles plastered on our faces...our feet sore.... voices raspy from yelling...tired, and happy.
Good times.

Love and light, 
A

Not Excision, but currently on repeat 
(when the birds aren't around, of course)
(Explicit, fyi for those of you with "sensitivities" {; )

Last but not least-
Side note: I feel like, in order to properly appreciate the following video clip you have to:
1. Love Britney Spears
2. Love this song
3. Love James Franco
4. Love crazy, notwhatyouexpect movies. Like this one. (Not saying it was an academy award winner by any means but it was certainly amusing at times. James Francos character is a trip)
5. Be able to laugh at yourself for  ^


No comments: