Friday, July 18, 2014

Beauty in the Breakdown

I dont even know where to begin! 
Lol
Its been a crazy/beautiful month. 
These past few weeks especially. 
So, so sooooo many things.
So many.

Our highlights were this week, a visit from my Dad and my lovely stepmom Aura (love her) as well as a visit from (in the same week) Jasons mom, dad, sister (and my friend) Rosemary and her her son TJ. 
It went sorta like this:
My dad and Aura arrived on a Tuesday. 
The next day J's fam. 
The day after that, J left to go to his Company's annual conference thingy in Texas which also happened to be the morning we had to let Woodsy go
Skip to today, where all fam has parted ways and I have a moment to reflect and appreciate a little more.

I got like, no pics of J's fam which sucks but none the less it was wonderful to see them.
Looking forward to a holiday visit in good ol Ga.

Spending time with my Dad is....priceless. 

The days went by too fast, as usual. 
I seriously never want him to leave. 

I never contemplated moving back to Colombia more since i have been here in Miami. 
I feel like there's this empty piece in me still, that will only be found by going back and living/understanding my roots. Even if its found by visits.

So lucky to have had him here when it all went down with Woodrow, Jason had to leave that morning on a flight to Tx so my dad came with me. 
My aunt and uncle have been AMAZING since moving here. My Dad and he go back many years. 
If you look up the term "support system" in the dictionary you will see a pic of my uncle Checho and my aunt Tatiana. 
We are lucky, and i am learning to not feel guilty when family offers to help out. 
Miami is becoming a life changing experience for us, in a  lovely and complex way... 
in so many ways.  
Such is life.
 
The handsome TJ and the beautiful Miss Daisy figuring it all out. Is it a ship? Is it a tower? 
Because its fun. 
Wook. Isa feather. 
This little guy has been giving me a run for my money lately. 
Honestly, these past few months have been some of the most challenging for us with Liam. Among those challenges though, have been a breakthrough of so many words! Imitation, and words. Makes it hard to hold on to those more challenging moments/days. 
He is like a little butterfly emerging, day by day.
A butterfly with wings that cause occasional tornadoes. lol
Hes lucky hes so darn cute. ;)
P.s. The shirt is fitting. 
P.P.S. Unless you 'know' , then you dont know.  
#sorrynotsorry
Serious about her Popsicle. 
Thought it was a perfect time to do the robot.  Tati looks like shes doing the jig. lol
Smiles. 
I love this picture. ^ This dude. lol 
Love him. 
Teaching things/Learning things. 
Surrounded by beautiful people. 
Blessed.
Mi Papa.
Moments
Sam came with his plate to ask for more chips. 
Mo Chi Mama pwease. 
MO CHIIIIIII. 
lol 
The boy likes his chips. 
This lady is amazing. Love her. 
I wish i could have taken more...Liam and his cousin Tj who is 5...playing beautifully.  Love it. 
This pic says it all. 
I never want him to leave. 
I feel like he gets me so well. 
Its a beautiful thing when two souls just...get each other. 
No words needed. 
The years missed dont even matter. 
Moejoe says he knows whats up. 

Love and light,
A

My parents divorced when i was about Sam and Daisy's age. My mom and i moved from Colombia to the U.S. and my father and I didn't begin to have a real relationship until a few years ago...  
so i have no real memory of their love for each other. 

I think its important for a child to know that they came to be, from love. 

It took 34 years, but no matter.

Now, I do. 

And that's what matters.

Drink up baby doll
Are you in or are you out?
Leave your things behind
'Cause it's all going off without you
Excuse me too busy you're writing your tragedy
These mishaps
You bubble-wrap
When you've no idea what you're like
So, let go, let go
Jump in
Oh well, what you waiting for?
It's all right
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown
So, let go, let go
Just get in
Oh, it's so amazing here
It's all right
'cause there's beauty in the breakdown
It gains the more it gives
And then it rises with the fall
So hand me that remote
Can't you see that all that stuff's a sideshow?
Such boundless pleasure
We've no time for later
Now you can't await
your own arrival
you've twenty seconds to comply
So, let go, so let go
Jump in
Oh well, what you waiting for?
It's alright
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown
So, let go, yeah let go
Just get in
Oh, it's so amazing here
It's all right
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown
So, let go,
Jump in
Oh well, what you waiting for?
It's alright
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown
So, let go, yeah let go
Just get in
Oh, it's so amazing here
It's all right
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown
In the breakdown
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown
The breakdown
So amazing here
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown

No comments: