Sunday, November 2, 2014

A trip.

//
The start:
Headed to Orlando to drop off The 3 Little Birds. 
Stayed a few days to get everyone settled and hang out a bit with the fam. 
Leaving Orlando en route to PC. 
This should be interesting ;)

Since moving back to Florida this year, I had been trying to plan a little trip over to catch up with some old friends and visit the beautiful surrounding beaches. 
My brother David decided to accompany me as my official partner in crime.
We stayed at my friend Evi's house, who is like family to me.
I made two weeks worth of plans and attempted to fit it all into 4 days. 
lol Because, thats how i roll. 
Relaxing a bit in between of course.
We drank a lot, went to the beach for hours, drove around to check out some 
old haunts and had some, well...experiences. lol
It was surreal being back. 
My last visit in 2005 was overnight only so i didnt get to see any of the town really.
I was amazed to see how much was still the same even after Charlie. A lot had changed but it all pretty much looked the same! 

Thursday morning we drove out to Boca Grande. I had forgotten how beautiful and serene it is out there. I had also forgotten just how little was out there too. No gas stations for 15 miles! Cray.
We were not prepared, having only brought a bottle of water each and no food. 
We stayed for about 2 hours and after a long walk down the shore we decided to dip out and head over to Manasota Key/Englewood Beach. 
A bit more populated but not by much and the water was almost completely clear. 
Perfect. 
Purrrrrfect. 
:)
We got back tot he house around 430.
Took naps, made dinner and left to visit with an old friend. 
Ended up at some crazy ass hole in the wall "tiki" bar up the road from her house in the middle of nowhere, PG. 
The people were nice. :)
The jello shots were yummy.
But the sign should really have read- Prepare yourself..
lol
You live and learn.
Its all an experience. 
*
The next day was more beach, then naps.
Or attempts i should say.
My ability to sleep is seriously screwed up. I can be exhausted yet unable to sleep. I had 4 days of nothing but opportunities to nap and sleep in yet....i could not. Even if i went to bed at 2am i was up at 7. So i just practiced and perfected my lounging skills.  lol 
One thing that i definitely appreciated and took advantage being able to take my sweet time getting ready. All while listening to music. And taking my time. 

Friday evening we went over to the Punta Gorda /Charlotte Harbor area where the views and breeze are magnificent and there are a bunch of restaurants and bars right on the water. 
The night is young.....

So we left The Tiki and went to Hurricane Charlies to wait for a few friends to show up.
The rest of the night was deliciously blurry and fun and i loved every minute of it. 
I loved seeing my back in the day peeps. 
Its funny how connections work between people. 
Years can pass but it makes no difference.
I also loved being able to spend some time with this dude.
*
It rained the next morning and most of the afternoon so we stayed in, resting up from the previous night
Cool little Caterpillar
My roommates.
*

*

Love this boy. 
Score :)
Hes the real deal.
We spent our last night at the Casey Key sunset drum circle in Venice. 
Real-ness, good friends, amazing vibes. 
I breathed...loved...reflected...
Took it all in. 

After the circle was done we stayed for a long while listening to a young band who was jamming out at the entrance of the walkway to the beach. It was just loud enough that we could hear it over the wind and the waves crashing. 
I sat there sipping on my last beer then walked over to the water. The waves were really intense and beautiful. 

And the stars. 
The stars the stars... 

I kept walking closer and closer until my dress began to get really wet but I didn't care. The ocean felt like a magnet drawing me to it. 
I just wanted to be IN it. 

I walked back over to our little camp , finished my beer, left my sandals and dress on the chair then ran through the sand in the darkness and dove in. I came up and just started laughing.

I had expected it to be cold but it was so warm. 
Back in. 

Then I could hear Lucy laughing too and she was in there with me and i was like hell yeah. 
Hell yeah. 

This. 
All THIS. 
Lol 

It felt delicious.

i looked over and could see my brother ...heard him say fuck it...and then he dove in too. I couldn't stop laughing... The waves kept knocking us down ... The tide sucking us back in. 

I was so out of breath but I felt so alive that it almost tingled. 
Do you know what I mean? 

After a while I sat back far enough away to where I was still in the water but wasn't going to get knocked around (too much) and just smiled. 

Absorbed. Looked up. Around. Breathed deep. 
A moment to meditate on. 

The art of being restored

The energy was tangible and it was crashing into us and knocking us down and taking our breath away and giving us something that maybe we didn't even know we needed and it was so good. 

I had my arms by my sides...hands sorta open feeling the sand and ocean. I felt something small get pushed into my palm so I quickly closed my hand around it. 

A small greyish black rock which i kept. 

A token.







Love and light, 
A

*
*
Soulmates. They come in all different sorts of shapes and colors.  I don't believe there is just one. I also don't believe the title is only for a lover or a mate. It's those who you have unexplained connections with no matter what. A family member, a friend, a lover, a life partner. 
Love is endless



No comments: