Friday, October 5, 2012

10.05.12 This week in pictures


Mama, boys are silly :)
But, they sure are cute :)

You'll see...

*****

The many faces of Liam- waiting for the school bus:
 Say whaaaaaaat?
School??? I thought you said ADVENTURE. 
I dont wanna.
I'm just not sure i LIKE it like it...
I mean, its ok i guess....we get to dance and listen to music and draw and stuff ....I do like THAT stuff.....
Ok maybe your right, its not so bad now that i think about it.
Wait, I'm not ready. Is that the bus??
woohoo its not the bus!

LOL
*****
The many faces of Sam and Daisy- wrestle mania 2012:


***
The many faces if Miko- Hook a kitty up with some water:
I'm thirsty.
I said- HEY MAN, I'M THIRSTY!
HOOK A KITTY UP.
glug glug.
Ahhhh. That hit the spot.
We've got some thirsty kitties here it seems. Found Morris in the tub drinking  leftover bathwater out of this bowl. YUMMMMMM.

Crazy cats.
*****
Gooooooooo Liam!
So proud of you Bubba :)
Pensive.
(Also- rocking his COLOMBIA tshirt :})
Trying out those new teeth
Forget a Double Rainbow- we've got Double MOONS!

*****


This week started off kinda odd , but thankfully turned out to be really awesome!

On Monday, we ended up calling 911. Daisy apparently had a bit of a panic attack?
I'll explain. Jason and I were sitting in the living room. It was about 930 pm and the kids had been in bed for a while. I think the tv may have been up louder than usual because all of a sudden I hear a baby crying  which isn't all that odd....but it was Daisy and is sounded like she had been going at it for a while. So i went in ...and in hindsight, I did notice that it seemed like she was kinds stuck in her blanket.Her face was sorta pinned up against the railing....but i didn't think anything of it at the time..... I just picked her up and tried rocking her but she wasn't having it. So i brought her out to the sun room where Jason and i were ...but she still wouldn't calm down which was strange.  i kept holding her and after a few minutes even Jason was like, hey whats going on with her?!  She was breathing all crazy and crying all crazy.... and she was kind of limp. it was just odd. Jason tried carrying her and she still wouldn't let up which was even stranger and we noticed she was making these funny grunting noises, almost like she was in pain or something. we couldn't figure it out.
I started panicking a little, and Jason who is normally the calm one was even getting a little frazzled which mad me panic more. I started stripping her down and inspecting her ....i didn't know what was going on....i started thinking maybe she had gotten her arm or leg stuck in the bars and had hurt herself somehow ...i don't know.
Long story short we called 911, not knowing what else to do!
The 911 guy pretty much broke it down for us, lol.
Jason was all, she not really breathing right!
911 guy- is that her crying?
Jason-  well yes.
911 guy- well then shes definitely breathing.
Jason- shes turning red!
911 guy- that's a good sign, it means shes getting oxygen.
(LOL)
While Jason is talking to 911 guy, i start trying to sit her up. This works. (lol) She is now sitting up. So then i try getting her to hold her weight up. She did. And 2 seconds later, she stopped crying.
And smiled.
Yeah.
Thanks 911 guy- yeah, no need to send an ambulance out, yeah we're sure. thanks.
So looking back, she probably go her feet or legs caught in her blanket, woke up and we didn't hear her immediately so she FREAKED out and the rest is history.

Being a parent is bananas.

Needless to say i had INSANE-O dreams that night. Crazy vivid dreams  I had a dream I was in this room where i had to box-  like, FIGHT-all these different chicks. I  remember the feeling of everything. Not the punches, but the FEELING. i remember being afraid,  but knowing that the fear was a weakness. so i had to turn that fear into aggression, so i could fight and win. I FELT that fear, and that aggression. I felt my arms swinging and every time i felt fear, my punches would get weak. When i would turn that fear into aggression i felt my punches get strong, my arms swing harder. It felt crazy. Kind of good but crazy.
I woke up still feeling the dream and with this anxiety in my gut and chest. I couldn't shake it off all morning. Liam had to go to school and i couldn't wait for the babies to take their morning nap so that i could have a few hours to myself.
I threw myself into an amazing yoga session (I LOVE, ADORE, ADMIRE...all that-  SHIVA REA. She is an amazing person. And Surf Yoga Soul is an AMAZING practice-see below.) It was my saving grace that day. I felt like shouting "i am a newwww woman noww"! (Doing my best Mal interpretation).

So! Yeah! Other than that little blip, its been a pretty great week! Liam has begun to adjust to the bus rides. and school. We still have a few challenges but for the most part this has been THE BEST WEEK thus far, and i know its only going to get better. He didn't cry one single time on the bus or at school and no fits after school either, which is great for mama!
No but really, it is the BIGGEST relief to see the light at the end of the tunnel here folks....it really is. All i want is for my Liam to be a happy boy. Period. And, we are getting there!

In Sam news, he woke up today with two brand spankin new top front teeth. He is now sporting 4 chompers! They are still making their way in, but, they are definitely there (says my shoulder which he decided made an impromptu teether earlier today...ouch. )
Little Samilamilami (we are so butchering this kids name...lol) is now almost standing on his own...i have caught him several times "hovering" , not holding on to anything....so we are just waiting now for those first brave steps :)
And can i mention this kid's love for tomatoes? I diced a tomato and gave the babies some to eat (Liam has no interest in tomatoes for the most part).....Sam ate, every. single. piece. Not a chunk dropped or left on his tray. 

Daisy and Sam are very similar but very different on many levels. One big difference is their eating habits. They are both pretty good and adventurous eaters, but, they eat very differently. 
Sam picks up his foods very carefully, using his little thumb and pointer ..he likes to examine each piece and places every morsel in his mouth one piece at a time. He takes his time chewing ...etc...
Daisy on the other hand....scoops up food with her fists...shovels it into her mouth....decided when it hits her palate if she likes it or not....if she doesn't she pushes it out of her mouth with her tongue ( a nicer way to say she spits it out)  and promptly moves on to the next handful of food....and so on and so on...half gets left on her lap, the rest in her tummy...her hands, face, hair, all the way up her forearms... covered in food ..... Meanwhile Sam gets a little bit on his face and a bit on his hands.....and thats about it. lol 

My Daisy.  I don't know why i was ever so afraid of having a daughter  She is my little little. I find myself sticking up for her all the time now. Having a daughter gives you this extra bit of need to protect....just a little tiny smidgen more than a boy. Its hard to explain.  She is surrounded by two rough and tumble brothers and a big burly daddy (who loves her -and the boys of course- SOOO much and its the most precious thing to see a daddy with his daughter) and i have no doubt she can and will always be able to hold her own. But, I still cant help but be like HEY! take it EASY with YOUR SISTER! Shes a little GIRL! Please be GENTLE WITH YOUR SISTER! Or, HEY! Be EASY with HER! she's your DAUGHTER. Its DIFFERENT than having a son. You need to be MORE GENTLE and SWEET with her. And so on, and so on....lol. 
She loves it when i leave a bottom dresser drawer open. She will go, prop herself up on her knees and proceed to pull out every single article of clothing. She holds up every piece, shakes it, then drops it on the ground, moving on to the next. The she puts (some) back in. It. is .CUTE. 

I am finding so much JOY, in being a mother. And watching Jason be the amazing daddy that he is, makes me love and appreciate him even more.
Life is crazy, and when its all a whirlwind of madness, all i have to do just look at those little faces to find a moment of total and complete happiness.

Love and light, 

A






2 comments:

Kefofo said...

Sama-a-lama-ding-dong lol I love the name variations. What a great shot of Miko doing her kitty witchcraft btw making water come out of the faucet with her mind games lololol cant stop laughing about the daily parch routine, the 911 call sounds classic. I would've done the same exact thing! They're both looking so plump and lively, so happy! By the way Newnan is an awesome place to raise a family and your house is even better. I wish either of us had that home growing up, its the definition of "homey" peaceful and soul-soothing. By the way I literally save 98% of the pictures you post to my new macbook I gotta make a 3 little birds folder asap! Love and light to you, too. Adios!

Adventures of The Parch Family- 3 little birds said...

@kefofo- :)