Friday, October 26, 2012

10.26.12 Appreciating life. In all it's beauty and madness. This week in pictures.




Liam poured that entire container of water over her head two seconds after this shot.
Should have seen it coming....lol
She didn't cry, just stood there like- uh, ok....what was that all about...?
And with that, boys being boys:
Sharing donuts while Daisy is still asleep as usual in the a.m.
 (they make gfcf donuts people! So good! Also they are GMO free and organic....and free range. lol. jk) 
The girl sleeps hard. Just like her mama......used to...lol


Vroom vroom!
Sammy's riding- spider monkey style.
Daisy says, i got your back brother! Here, lets go! 
The budding artist.
School daze.
Just woke up from nap-time, now its snack time!
Check out Daisy's bedhead and Sammy's snot face.
Cute even with a cold.
:)
Hard at work- eating cookies and coloring :)
...I feel ya MoeJoe. 

We spent the better part of this week fighting off colds. Well, at least the birds did. Jason and I seem to be untouched thus far.
I totally know when the little sneaky virus "breached our perimeter"  too.
I took Liam to 1st ave st park on Sunday for some mama/liam time, and there was a little sniffly/cough-y girl there who immediately befriended Liam.
I didn't notice the coughing and such until after the fact, so at first it was just cute.
Liam doesn't talk yet, and neither did she.... and i tried talking to her but she just stared at me... (although i am not sure if she could or not? I guess you never know, and i can relate...). Anyways she seemed to be around his age or even a little older and right off the bat she seemed to "get" him. Hard to explain but adorable.
She would wait for him notice her, then would take off...Liam chasing right behind.
She noticed that he really wasn't "down" with the swirly slide, and you could tell she wanted him to try it. So he would follow...and she would go to the swirly slide...slide down....then look up at him as if to say- come on! go! then she run over to the fake rock climbing area and he would run over and wait for her to climb back up... then she would slide down to regular slide and he would follow....and lather rinse repeat..... It was only after a few times that she began hacking...and i immediately cringed ...knowing. Just, knowing.
So,  Liam came down with it first, missed school Tuesday and the twins started sniffling Tuesday night.
I think i slept about an hour that night.
I have become used to no sleep however, and am now an expert at functioning on total Zombie mode. And i do it quite well mind you. Not to say it doesn't suck, because it does. But whatev. Ya know?
Liam went back to school on Thursday and Sam and Daisy are almost over it now. Should be good as new by tomorrow. Thankfully it wasn't a very bad one and maybe this means we got it out of the way for the season. Fingers crossed.
***

This evening i found out that my very best-est childhood friend's dad passed.

She is a rock. I love her for it.
To some she might seem cold, by the way she is "dealing" with all of this.
But i know better. Much much better.
I respect her for it.
And i appreciate and love her for it too.
More than she will ever know.
I feel lucky to have been blessed with her and her family , in my life.
They were my family when i didn't have a family.
She, her father, her mother always accepted me for who I was.
No matter what.
They cared for me and loved me, and took care of me.
Even when i was an asshole, making crappy decisions and effing up my life.
I knew i could always knock on their door and would be met with open hearts.
Come on in. Make yourself a sandwich. Need a smoke? Here's a light. Need a bed? Here, get some rest. Need an ear? Some guidance? No judgement, no questions. 
Well, maybe some questions, lol, but it didn't matter because i knew they were always there no matter what.
I am forever grateful and thankful for that. 
I spent Christmases with them... birthdays...shared some of the most important moments of my life with them.
I envied her for the love she had from her father. I never had that. I didn't even know what it was.... Or even felt like. I saw how important it could be. How important it is. And it is.
I will remember him for always being  funny, and witty and having a huge heart.
And loving her. And her mom.
And caring for me.

***
My little sister will be coming to stay for a while next weekend. I am excited to be able to spend time together and to have someone to go with me on adventures throughout the week, while Jason's at work. Also it always kicks ass having an extra pair of hands around :)
You dont even know what our getting yourself  into chickypoo.
LOL.
You.
Don't .
Even .
Know.
hahaha.
heeheeheeeheee.
muaahahahahahhahahahahaaaa.
JK.
;)
But i it will be FUN .
And entertaining.
And adventure-filled.
And I love you.
And all will be good,
You just have to have faith,
And all of the above.
***
The end.

:)


Love and light, 
A

No comments: