Thursday, September 6, 2012

9.6.12 Liam's first day of preschool

This morning:
Me- Hey Liam, lets take some pictures!
Liam- No way, lets play!




Why go to school Mom, when there's so much stuff to explore and do around here?

Like, get as messy as possible before we leave the house.

Can I get one, just one picture of you standing and looking at me? Please?

Almost.

Who, me? Cute? Well, yeahhhhhh, ok. I have to agree with that statement....


Today was Liams first day of school. His teachers name is Jill (another Jill!), and she seems wonderful. One of the pluses of living in a small town is that everyone knows each other (I used to hate that about small towns, now i like it. Go figure.), so we have heard a lot of great things about Liam's preschool program and his teacher.
We left the house early (gasp!), too early in fact, and had to spend a little time circling the neighborhood. When it was finally time, i pulled up and met his teacher outside. Liam was all smiles getting out of the car and held her hand. As they started to walk away, he realized that i wasnt going with and i could see the look of "what the what"?!?! on his face, so i took the que and quickly made my exit before any meltdowns occured. I watched him walk into the building as i pulled away. 
I had a millisecond of a moment where i felt a little knot in my throat, but i swallowed that sucker down and thought good thoughts about how wonderful of an experience this is going to be for him and how much he is going to love it. Eventually, anyway.  :)

Liam, walking into school with Miss Jill
The school is literally like 2 minutes from our house, which of course, i love. The babes and i got home and ate some lunch. Afterwards they played and i folded laundry, then it was time to go and pick up big brother! Time went by in a flash. 
Liam and the teachers aid were already outside when i pulled up. When i got out of the car and he saw me, he pouted a little and came running. I picked him up and gave him a HUGE hug. 
They said he cried a little at first but was ok after a few minutes. Expected. He ate all his lunch and they said he had a lot of fun, and when it was time to leave, he didn't want to go. The only "thing" was that he hit. He swatted at his teacher and the teachers aide during lunch when they tried to get him to stay seated in his chair. I knew that this would be one of Liam's biggest challenges so it wasn't surprising to hear. When she told me she was super nice about it and said basically it was no big whoop, that they are used to it and don't worry it didnt hurt. She said they could tell Liam has a hard time staying seated and I agreed! Liam doesn't like to sit st

No comments: